Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

browser windows update download problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 simplesimpleton

simplesimpleton

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:17 PM

I have a new system with a fresh install of windows 8.1 pro and I started to reinstall my usual list of software (began with gigabyte motherboards installation driver cd, then moved onto chrome, firefox,discord, and when I came to upload Creative Cloud I got the message that "

Error: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing"

the site ( https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/error_on_launch.html?mv=product&mv2=accc ) I was on said I could add it via windows update but i don't see the patch listed in recommended or optional updates so I attempted to download the standalone file through both mozilla and chrome browsers respectively and I either don't get the download to finish at all or a failed download-network error message. I thought it might be my computer so i tried my labtop and got the same result. This same result occurs when I try to upload the windows10 update from here on both labtop and PC

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

surprisingly, I tried to download blender after the failed windows updates to test if my browsers downloader was the problem but the blender file uploaded within a minute.

here's a screen shot of my current system specs.

Attached File  systemscreenshot.png   160.21KB   0 downloads I should note this is my first PC build with no previous experience so if you see any configurations that could be problematic that I'm unaware of I would be super grateful for your advice.

Also I'm connected to my netgear modem via ethernet cable.

Any help or advice is appreciated.I have a feeling this is a problem specific to the windows update settings as i get the same treatment across my pc and labtop thus far.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stavros3000

stavros3000

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:05 AM

Does this help - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33265663/api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0-dll-is-missing-when-opening-microsoft-office-file

#3 dna9

dna9

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:55 PM

un-install CHROME.  reboot.  use FIREFOX instead.  google software is very buggy...

#4 simplesimpleton

simplesimpleton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

Hi everyone.

I fixed the problem.Sorry this was such a late response as I don't remember what I did to fix it now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users