Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unlock Samsung Galaxy 4S smartphone

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Herbert667

Herbert667

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:04 PM

I have a Samsung Galaxy 4S smartphone and I would like to know if it is
possible to unlock it free of charge.
I was told that only the supplier can do this . True ?
I get various opinions .
Thank you

Herbert667

Edit: Moved topic from Cell Phones to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

What was the original carrier? That will determine your options. Not all original carriers are equal.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Herbert667

Herbert667
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:16 PM

What was the original carrier? That will determine your options. Not all original carriers are equal.

I assume it is Samsung since I purchased the phone and connected to Samsung.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,113 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:43 PM

Samsung is not the carrier. Samsung is the manufacturer. Carrier is the one you get your phone/data service through. Such as AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint in the US. Where did you purchase the phone? If you don't mind saying.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 Herbert667

Herbert667
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:04 AM

Samsung is not the carrier. Samsung is the manufacturer. Carrier is the one you get your phone/data service through. Such as AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint in the US. Where did you purchase the phone? If you don't mind saying.

I purchased the phone from an electronic store ( Best Buy ) in Canada.How do I find out the carrier then ? Indicated in the phone ?

#6 Herbert667

Herbert667
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:20 AM

it seems my carrier is kodoo

thank you

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,113 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:54 PM

You have multiple options to try, paid or free. All at your own risk of course.

Google Search results: https://www.google.com/search?q=unlock%20kodoo%20samsung%20gs4

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users