Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the best security perimeter to protect a network?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lexipad

lexipad

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:39 AM

What should I do if I suspect that our system is compromised? What do you think is the best security perimeter to protect a network?

Edited by hamluis, 17 April 2017 - 12:25 PM.
Moved from Am I Infected to Gen Security - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iMacg3

iMacg3

Bleepin' PowerPC G3

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:13 PM

By system, do you mean network or computer? For a network, you'll want to use WPA2 security with a strong password. For computer, you'll want a good antivirus. If you think your computer is infected, you'll want to scan with malware or virus removal tools. For a network, you will want to change your password for the network and possibly reset your router. There are other steps you can do to protect your network and connected computers.

Edited by iMacg3, 17 April 2017 - 12:14 PM.

Regards, iMacg3

If I do not reply to your malware removal topic in 48 hours, please send me a PM.

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

#3 cooljay

cooljay

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:34 PM

Sorry to butt in, but i am right now looking into making our network more secure, and resetting the router sounds like an excellent idea, but how do you do it? 

(Also, do you need the paperwork you are given by the tech guy when he installed everything? Because I misplaced that.)

#4 iMacg3

iMacg3

Bleepin' PowerPC G3

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,466 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

cooljay, go ahead and post another forum thread in the networking section. It makes everything easier to keep track of. Thanks!

Regards, iMacg3

If I do not reply to your malware removal topic in 48 hours, please send me a PM.

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,754 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:57 PM

See Post #2 in this topic for the best defensive strategy to protect yourself from malware and ransomware (crypto malware).
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users