Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to reinstall windows

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 d_fow00

d_fow00

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:25 AM

I reset my computer but while windows was reinstalling my computer cut off and when I cut it back it the message, "the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows click "OK" to restart the computer and then restart the installation."
But when I press ok my computer restarts and that message pops up again, what should I do to fix this?

Edited by d_fow00, 17 April 2017 - 06:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:38 AM

Windows is damaged, most probably already the source files were damaged or something went wrong during the reset process.
Only possible way to repair is new and absolutely clean install, recommended save personal files and also download new source .iso from Microsoft.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:42 AM

1) Please define "reset". EXACTLY what did you do and how did you do it?

2) Why did you find it necessary to "reset" (what problems were you having)?

#4 d_fow00

d_fow00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:42 AM

How do I do that?

#5 d_fow00

d_fow00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:45 AM

When I say reset I mean reset to factory setting, and I reset because my computer was running slow plus there were just way too many downloads on my computer.

#6 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:56 PM

When I say reset I mean reset to factory setting, and I reset because my computer was running slow plus there were just way too many downloads on my computer.

What kind of downloads? I have over 180 gb of downloads that I keep on a separate SSD that I have linked to my C: drive. These downloads are essential to my computer but they do not effect my operating system at all.

Edited by Rocky Bennett, 17 April 2017 - 12:57 PM.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:05 PM

Exactly how did you perform the factory reset?

#8 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

Many gamers have over 1 terabyte of downloads and these do not effect system performance at all. What kinds of downloads are you concerned about? All my downloads are various programs and different system tools and different software, but my 188 gb of downloads do not slowdown my system at all.

If your downloads are songs videos and documents, then you just need to organize them into different files.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:16 AM

One more time... how did you perform the rest?

Did you do the following?

1. Open the Start Menu and click/tap of Settings.

When Settings opens select Update & Security

Settings%20w10_zpshotznunu.png

2. Click/tap on Recovery, then Get Started.

settings%20w10-2_zpslwcrdejs.png

3. You will now have the option to Keep my files or Remove everything.  Click/tap on the option you want.

Settings%20w%2010-3_zpsjcoecsv4.png

4. You will now receive the message Getting things ready, Windows will list the programs which you will need to reinstall.  You may find it beneficial to copy these programs for a reference later.  When the list of programs is shown click/tap on Next.

If you have recently installed this operating system you will receive the message below.

Setting%20w10-4_zps9ejgxhyo.png

5. You will now receive the message Ready to reset this PC, select Reset.

The installation will continue without any need to make any other selections.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users