Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB PORTS NOT WORKING

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Effractarius

Effractarius

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:26 PM

hello guys. i have a windows 8 laptop that all the usb ports stopped working suddenly..,, i can charge my phone through the usb ports but my flash drive, mouse, gaming pad , etc (all input devices through the usb dont work). please help. i have googled but not found any help hope i find assistance here...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 774 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:57 PM

Check your USB ports in Device Manager.

screenshot_395.jpg

screenshot_395.jpg

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,483 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:26 AM

If you have a PS2 keyboard and mouse you could open the Device Manager, right click/tap on the computer icon with your user name and select Scan for hardware changes.  This will force the USB ports to turn on if the have been shut down.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users