Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer has been acting strange. Am I infected?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vancer2

Vancer2

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:49 PM

Okay, here is the deal. A few days ago my computer decided to shutdown out of the blue, I restarted it and had to do a system startup repair. It repaired the ACLs in the SLUI.exe which apparently had to do with windows activation. I'll be honest. For the last 3 years I had a cracked version of windows. I couldn't be bothered with trying to crack it, so I bought a legit Cd key. I entered it and it was activated. Now I have several problems.

1. Every now and then in the bottom right corner I'll get a message that says "Windows is not genuine". I have to fix this by opening a Command prompt and typing "slmgr.exe /ipk <key>". This fixes it temporarily, but I know it will return as I've had to do this 3 times already.

The 2nd problem is Malwarebytes and Kaspersky are blocking outbound traffic to the same addresses. Its making me feel quite uncomfortable.

Could you guys help me out?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vancer2

Vancer2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:57 PM

It wont let me edit. Yesterday, I was about to reply to a comment on a website. I was just about to press enter. The computer monitor blanked out, then the picture on the screen was that off colored white noise. Next thing I know, the PC restarted. I did a disk check and I let it run all night. It went on into the early hours of the morning. I started it at 8:00 pm and it ended at around 4:00 am.  It didn't find anything on the first 4 steps. But I feel asleep for the last step so who knows what I missed. I have not experienced any of this and its all happened within the last 3 days.

Here a speccy snapshot.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/wHhnOZJGK5CS5aVAwrgCoV0

as of now my CPU temp is still high. I dont know what to do about it. I have a massive CPU fan on it.

I remember what I did before all of this happened. Internet explorer was hanging after I was opening it. I tried using tweaking.com Windows Repair, I stopped the scan halfway through. I went to Programs and Features and went to the box that says "Turn Windows Features on or off" I unchecked IE 11. Restarted. Tried to install IE11 from a microsoft link and it wouldn't work. I then downloaded it from here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17621/internet-explorer-downloads

for Windows 7 64 bit. It worked because after I restarted I saw a window in the top left after logging in about browser initialization or whatnot.

Now. earlier while defragging, my computer restarted with the off colored white noise picture. I turned it off and reseated everything. I turned it back on and Werfault gave me this error 

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:    d1
  BCP1:    0000000000000028
  BCP2:    0000000000000002
  BCP3:    0000000000000000
  BCP4:    FFFFF88001F1F6FD
  OS Version:    6_1_7601
  Service Pack:    1_0
  Product:    256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\041817-44163-01.dmp
  C:\Users\Vance\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-81338-0.sysdata.xml

Here is the XML. I don't know how to open a dmp.

https://pastebin.com/yHcFpCCK

Here is the dmp file

Edited by Vancer2, 18 April 2017 - 06:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users