Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Optimizing Windows Firewall

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mike_Soda

Mike_Soda

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

Due to the recent developments revealed about the NSA exposing Windows hacking tools, I decided to take a look at my advanced Windows Firewall settings. I can export the list of Inbound & Outbound rules to a file but can't upload them in this forum category, nor am I sure if that'd be the right thing to do. Currently my Windows Firewall is set to the default settings but if it wont hurt I'd like to tweak it to not allow anything that's unnecessary. So if any of you could please work with me on that I'm willing to take the time to copy here every currently allowed inbound & outbound permission in order to determine whether or not it's needed.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.112) | MasterCase Pro 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users