Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon printer won't print someone help please

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Newgirl123

Newgirl123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:30 AM

Hi, I have a Canon Pixma MG3250 printer, the other day I got a big paper jam and after removing the paper one of the plastic feeders broke can someone tell me where I can get a new one

Edited by Newgirl123, 16 April 2017 - 10:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,005 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:46 AM

You need to contact Canon. This part may not be available.  From your local time I have to assume you are located outside the US, possibly the UK.

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/repair.aspx

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,141 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:09 AM

And even if the part is available, it could very well cost over half of what the printer did.

I have used and loved Canon printers for several decades now, but I've learned that for Canon and pretty much any inkjet printer/multifunction maker that parts have very limited availability and very often are priced such that it makes absolutely no sense to buy them.  I've had two printers where buying a replacement print head would have been more expensive than the whole machine was when new.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,005 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:17 AM

Sell the printer for an song and charge mucho bucks for ink and any replacement part. That just about sums up all inkjet printers.

#5 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:21 PM

Sell the printer for an song and charge mucho bucks for ink and any replacement part. That just about sums up all inkjet printers.

Arguably, it now applies to lasers as well (particularly colour lasers) where a set of replacement toners can easily be more than the cost of a new printer...

7sbvuf-6.png

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,141 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

These last several messages are giving me deja vu.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#7 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:18 PM

Hehe... Yes a bit of a sore subject :)

To the OP if Canon are no help, if it's a larger plastic part that has broken you might have success in gluing it using a high strength glue (superglue gel or epoxy for example).  I say larger because you can normally get a good bond when the two surfaces have a reasonable surface area.  I've never had much luck with gluing very thin bits of plastic.  It might also be worth having a look on Gumtree, Ebay etc. to see if any broken printers being sold cheap for spares or repair...

7sbvuf-6.png

#8 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,728 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:41 PM

Another alternative if you know somebody with a 3D printer - make the part !

3D printers are ideal for small runs of smallish components. You will need the ability to measure the damaged part fairly accurately and you will need to acquire some expertise in 3D design software but it is not all that difficult especially if you are willing to accept that you may get the first one or two wrong.

Google for 'free 3D design software' and you will find a considerable number of options. Sketchup is popular and fairly easy to use but not totally accurate. Unhappily all my 3D stuff is on a different computer. Worth a thought.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users