Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 won't start in my laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AlmerF

AlmerF

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:38 AM

So here's my problem. I've encountered an auto delete virus and I cant do anything because everything I touch or click goes to the recycle bin, I got this problem before, with no help from anti viruses i only used defender. It worked miracalously I use a wirless keyboard and mouse since I dont wanna see the screen too close, but the virus today made me not do anything so I'm forced to restart my netbook. It always work before, but now, here's the problem.
I pressed restart by ctrl alt del because I cant go to the start screen. I've waited a couple of minutes so it will turn on again. But my impending tantrum struck as I can't turn it on. The first time i pressed the power button, it won't work, the second did the same thing, but when i press the button for the third time the power light lit up. The status lights (the lights that turn on when you charge your laptop or something, usually green and orange) i waited for some minutes but windows wont start, nothing on the screen, so please help me. I use windows 8.1 (some said that its the worst OS microsoft made besides Vista) i use a netbook Neo basic series. Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:36 AM

How to force Windows 8.1 to boot into Safe Mode

Press the power button to start the computer.  When Windows begins to boot press and hold the power button until the computer turns off.  Continue to do this until you see a page like the one below.

force%20safe%20mode1_zpss0tse82d.png

You will receive a message stating Unable to reapair your computer.  You will see page like the one below.

force%20safe%20mode2_zpsiyokfgfm.png

Click/tap on Advanced options, then Start-up settings, then Restart.  You will see a page like the one below.

force%20safe%20mode3_zpsg6as1za9.png

Press the F4 key.

Let us know if the computer is responsive in Safe Mode.

Edited by dc3, 16 April 2017 - 10:37 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:55 AM

I hate to butt in, but when I reboot I get the options to boot to 8.1 or the Macrium Reflect boot time recovery environment OR at the bottom of the page, OTHER OPTIONS, from which I can choose Safe Mode, etc. .

Are the OTHER OPTIONS not available to everyone ?

I use Winaero Tweaker.

There are options for this---

screenshot_395.jpg

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#4 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:41 AM

It's unlikely that OP has these options unless he uses Macrium or Winaero  (if he used Macrium he wouldn't be asking for help would he :) )

In this particular case, I think the poster would be well advised to follow dc3's instructions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users