Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

suffering from shortcut virus. please help.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 boby007

boby007

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:06 AM

My system is suffering from a shortcut virus that has spread through out my hard drive converting all files under different folder to shortcut. On double clicking the shortcut a pop up opens and instantly closes before I can read it. Also, my hard drive is quite empty and my c drive is full. It seems all my files has been shifted to c drive. Further, the command window and registry editor do not remain open making me unable to write commands to overcome the virus.Also, the system keep popping one message windows script host has been disabled. Are theses problems due to shortcut virus spreading or due to some other reasons. I have tested many methods to remove the shortcut virus but in vain. I wanted to format my system but cannot as I am unable to make backup of my files as they have been converted to shortcuts.  How can I retrieve my files. Kindly help.

Edited by hamluis, 16 April 2017 - 08:19 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users