Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Updates not applicable to your computer"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ParanoidPablo

ParanoidPablo

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:34 AM

so i reformatted few weeks ago and today i remembered some updates failed (15 to be exact) so i tried to download the updates that didn't install manually and it gave me "updates not applicable to you computer" message for every single one of them. Is there anything i can do to install these important windows updates, do i need them on my machine at all or do i have a newer version of these updates already?

if needed i can post the update ID's that failed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:18 AM

It is possible, even likely, that the updates which failed to install have been replaced by subsequent, newer updates. In situations like that, you will get that message. How old are these failed updates?

If the system doesn't need them, trying to install them manually won't work.

#3 ParanoidPablo

ParanoidPablo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:02 PM

It is possible, even likely, that the updates which failed to install have been replaced by subsequent, newer updates. In situations like that, you will get that message. How old are these failed updates?

the latest update was the december roundup 2016, and the other ones are important security updates from like 2010 -2013 etc windows update says there is no updates needed on my machine but i was wary because these 15 failed.

#4 ParanoidPablo

ParanoidPablo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:12 PM

the latest update was the december roundup 2016, and the other ones are important security updates from like 2010 -2013 etc windows update says there is no updates needed on my machine but i was wary because these 15 failed and the description of them look very important to have on my machine.

#5 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:19 PM

If updates fail to install I usually hide them.

#6 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:51 AM

Given that the updates that failed to install are that old, it's pretty certain that they've been replaced by newer updates. No need to worry about them failed to install.

As @medab1 suggested, you can always just hide them. Right click on the update(s) unbelievable question and select Hide,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users