Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Unknown malware please help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xicsdj

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:59 PM

I have a error when trying to open files, most .jpg, .doc. , .pdf. and .mts. I don't know if I am infected. 

I just installed a fresh copy of windows, because i was thinking is an operating system error but i was wrong and now i cannot determine if I am infected with malware or another virus. Extension of files not changed, size remain the same but none of them work and gives to me errors when i try to open that files.

I put three files corrupted in this archive, to see if anyone can help me with informations about encrypted photos.  https://we.tl/3CRgm4uKBA.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Demonslay335

Ransomware Hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 3,388 posts
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:03 PM

Its hard to tell if they are encrypted or corrupted (leaning towards encrypted), but they are definitely not valid JPGs. The only way to identify in your case (assuming ransomware) is with a ransom note, or the malware itself.

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic]

ransomnotecleaner-25.png RansomNoteCleaner - Remove Ransom Notes Left Behind [Support Topic]

cryptosearch-25.pngCryptoSearch - Find Files Encrypted by Ransomware [Support Topic]

If I have helped you and you wish to support my ransomware fighting, you may support me here.

#3 xicsdj

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:04 AM

Yes, now is not a valid jpg but there was valid jpg's. I have no idea if whas a ransomware. I try everything. I don't have a ransom note, I don't have none of ransomware symptoms, all files , most of them multimedia, was replaced or encrypted suddenly, with a identical copy. I try to recover files using easeus data recovery, but is recovering damaged files. I don't know what to do, any help would be appreciated. I am in the situation to pay, for recovering my files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users