Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows crash (Automatic repair)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chivster

chivster

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:10 PM

Hello!

My malwarebytes sotware detected a few warning files & a malware in a windows folder. Without taking the time to research and investigate it, I hastily quarantined the results! The next minute my laptop restarts and its showing me the automatic repair blue screen.

Just to give some information:

My laptop is an ASUROG STRIX GL502VY-DS71. 64-bit Windows 10. I tried the following commands by going to the: Troubleshooting > Command Prompt screen:

• bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
  • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
  • bootrec.exe /fixboot
  • chkdsk /r c:
  • chkdsk /r d:

For which, the issue didnt get resolved. Next I tried "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" in safe mode and yet again no positive results. I disabled anti-malware launch on startup to no avail. I tried Srttrail command and it showed me an error code of 3b with some parameters. Tried it again now and it says "Startup repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem." I did a registry restoration with "copy c:\windows\system32\config\RegBack\* c:\windows\system32\config" and it copied 5 files, restarted and same issue. Now the bigger problem is that, after performing the restore registry commands, I can’t seem to enter safe mode. It enters the automatic repair loop. 

I have tried literally everything, I even have the windows 10 creation media tool and have a copy on my flash drive. I dont want to reset or use it out of fear of losing my files. If anyone can help, i'll be eternally grateful!!

Edited by hamluis, 15 April 2017 - 05:43 PM.
Moved from Crashes/BSODs to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users