Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

just a thank you

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bojekki

bojekki

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

Internet would not work on my PC but was working fine on TV and tablet. I spent 2 days looking for a used PC or another solution. Had to do it by casting my tablet to the TV and using its browser. It seemed like the PC's ethernet had just gone bad from age (its 8 years old). I remembered this forum, came here and did a search. I found the answer in the 3rd old thread I read. The answer was the socket reset command -  netsh winsock reset. I did that, rebooted, and it was working. I still can't believe it was that simple.

Thank you to BleepingComputer.com for doing what you do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:52 AM

I find a lot of hardware answers that way.  Without even asking a question on the forums.  Many newcomers skip the guides and FAQs and ask what appears to those who visit often are not good at following instructions.  I see many daily introductions that are those who visit often but didn't register and join until years later when they really needed to post something.  Eight years is pretty good for router, I have an old Belkin wired router for the network without internet and use WIFI for the internet units, my way of isolating the two.  The WIFI has been up graded twice, from B to B&G and again from B&G to N.  I won't need anymore unless I get a faster cable modem and that would take a fiber line, not available here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users