Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't clear missing device "PCI Memory Controller" on HP ML10V2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mainshipper

mainshipper

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:37 AM

I am in the process of installing WSE 2016 on a new HP ML10V2 and have one item in the device list that I cannot seem to find a driver for. I actually had two but was able to clear one of them by installing the ILO drivers from the HP site. The device in question is labeled "PCI Memory Controller" and shows up under "Other". Just to see if it was WSE 2016, I installed a fresh copy of WSE12R2 and had exactly the same situation. I configured the box with an HP hot swap drive cage (replacing the stock cage) and a P410 Smart Array controller (256MB w/ BBWC). I also installed the latest 2016 SPP but that made no difference. One thing I did was to disable the on board B120i SAS controller as I'm running all my drives off of the P410. I haven't seen any problems with this error but I would like to get it cleared at some point in time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,242 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:12 AM

Windows Update should install a driver for that. If not, check the chipset drivers for that model HP and install it from there.

It is also possible that Server 2016 doesn't (yet) work with this driver.

#3 mainshipper

mainshipper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for the help. After I posted this topic I kept digging and did resolve the issue through some BIOS settings. Here's the fix.

I kept digging and here's what I found that solved it. Although I had disabled the B120i SAS Controller since I was not going to use it, I did not change the option in the BIOS that specifies what that SATA controller will be used for (Legacy SATA, ACHI SATA, SATA RAID). The option was set to RAID but when I changed it to ACHI SATA the "PCI Memory Controller" device error disappeared. I found this clue on an HP forum where someone suggested to another user's query that disabling the onboard RAID controller might be causing the problem. Although this was the essence of the problem the real fix was configuring the BIOS to use the onboard SATA as a basic ACHI SATA service and not as a RAID controller which apparently was in conflict with having the B120i disabled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users