Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Fan is always on and slow boot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lycogan56

lycogan56

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:00 AM

Hi,

I'd like to see if my computer boot process could be improved.  It is slow.  I was wondering if I have bad files from browsing the internet.  What can I do to remove those files.  I have a lap top, Gateway NVG2, that runs Window Vista.  I was wondering too if I restore my computer from a previous date if that would help remove the unwanted files.  I didn't know how much work that would be or if there is any easier process that would result in increased performance on my computer.  Also, how much work is rebooting from a pervious date?  How many pieces of software will fail?  Will my computer not work if I restore from a pervious point? 

Also my fan runs a lot. 

My CD drive doesn't work.  I think that is a spearate problem.  I think it may need to be reconnected inside the machine.  Could that be causing the computer to search for that drive and if it doesn't find it right away or at all the boot takes extra long?  Can I disable that drive?

I do have a free statistics program, R, on my machine.  Do I need to remove that program before I can get help on this website?

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users