Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop keyboard dosent always work in os

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gaberilde

gaberilde

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:33 AM

the keyboard always works fine in bios and boot managers but when it goes to about any operating system it dosent work atall

a workaround for windows is to sleep and turn back on and will work again

however i cant get linux to sleep because there dosent appear to have a option even when its installed in the hard disk

also the keyboard dosent always not work it works sometimes but not others with linux have to keep resetting the pc to get it to work and its annoying !

also its a laptop keyboard i dont have a usb keyboard but i have a bluetooth keyboard will that work in windows or linux login screen?

The Friget spinner is spreading like the WanaCry ransomware!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,648 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:50 AM

Well, if the device has already been paired with the machine and you have waited until the Bluetooth service has come online there's no reason a Bluetooth keyboard shouldn't work just like a regular one.

I have a wireless keyboard/mouse combo that work through USB, and they don't work until USB polling has come online as part of the boot process, but that happens relatively quickly.  Not having used a Bluetooth keyboard in this context I have no idea of exactly where or when in the boot sequence Bluetooth would become active, but your keyboard will not work until it does.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 gaberilde

gaberilde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:25 PM

ok so why does my laptops keyboard not work sometimes when its booted in a os? always works in bios and boot managers i dont understand?

The Friget spinner is spreading like the WanaCry ransomware!

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,648 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:11 PM

Nor do I.

I suspect that something is wrong with how the keyboard ribbon cable is now seated, or that there is a defect in the keyboard, that only exhibits itself when an input that the OS expects and uses, but that the BIOS/firmware level stuff does not, isn't supplied.

Laptop keyboards are notorious for failing, particularly as they age, and even more particularly if you've got anyone who has a very heavy touch that hammers away at the keys.  And by "hammers" I don't mean abuses, I simply mean has a very heavy typing touch.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users