Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Input lag through keyboard on Overwatch

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KChau747

KChau747

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:07 PM

Hi guys!

I am having an issue with Overwatch and my other games.  The main one is Overwatch.  Whenever I play, the game runs 100% smooth and I can shoot and aim and everything.  The issue is when I touch ANY key on my keyboard.  Then the game will freeze for a good 5-20 seconds and will keep doing that as I input more commands.  After the freeze, I can still use the mouse normally, so I don't know where this issue would be.  My other games run around 30 FPS when I usually run 60-70 for them and I believe this issue may have started after my computer restarted on its own (may have been a windows 10 update).  

I tried reinstalling Nvidia drivers (geforce experience) and logitech's application for my keyboard and headphone.  I even reinstalled razer's program for my mouse.  The fps spike isn't only annoying, but it makes Overwatch completely unplayable.  And after that happens, I can't use the search option at the bottom of my screen for a good minute or two.  Also, whenever I exit Overwatch after the glitch, Google Chrome will also freeze up for a few seconds.  I'm not sure what the issue is since my PC was running smoothly before..  In fact, my PC is still running 100% smoothly with many tabs and regular programs.  Boot up and every process seems flawless, it seems that just gaming, ESPECIALLY for Overwatch, is terrible.

My Specs:

-Windows 10 Pro

-i7 6700k 4GHz

-32GB ram

-EVGA GTX 1070 FTW (NOT in SLI)

-ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO Whetstone

-NZXT Kraken Cooler with CAM software

-NZXT LED RGB fans

Someone please help!! Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:24 AM

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy,  taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course): p22004369.gif

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot. You will see the following prompt:

p22004371.gif

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

p22004372.gif

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the Add Reply button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Send below the Reply box.

Posted Image

#3 KChau747

KChau747
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:28 AM

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy,  taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course): p22004369.gif

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot. You will see the following prompt:

p22004371.gif

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

p22004372.gif

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the Add Reply button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Send below the Reply box.

Alright I did this,

here is what I got!

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/K0evBXIex6HO7XezBgamXZa

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:01 AM

Download and install your monitor device driver.

If you like you can install latest Samsung SSD 850 PRO firmware.

Defragment the hard disk drive.

Connect the graphic card to PCI-E x16 slot.

Install latest device drivers from device manufacturer website.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users