Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help installing RAM on Acer Laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MercyMacabre

MercyMacabre

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:35 PM

I have a Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM Laptop. It came with a Micron 4GB 1RX16 PC4-2400T-SCA-11 RAM stick installed. I have a Kingston Technology HyperX Impact 8GB 2133MHz DDR4 CL13 SODIMM RAM stick that was sold to me (this is what i was told to use for an upgrade). I was wondering if it would it be ok to mix the two or should i just install one and take the other out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hareen

Hareen

• Members
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:57 PM

It is advised to have both the RAM's same for better performance.

But run it if there are any issues you can just unplug the lower RAM later.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,891 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:38 PM

Hareen is right when he says it is better to have matching RAM, but it won't necessarily cause problems.

I had to re-build my desktop last summer because of a CPU failure and along with the new mobo and CPU I was persuaded to invest in 2x4 GB RAM sticks. I then realised that these were the same type of RAM I already had so I now have 2x4 + 2x2 GB sticks installed and they all seem to be working quite happily together. They are all by the same manufacturer, Kinsgston, though but this shouldn't cause you problems.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 MercyMacabre

MercyMacabre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for the help. It seems to be running fine but i'm going to take the lower GB ram out just in case something goes wonky with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users