Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help buying a new desktop pc for photo editing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vonshu

vonshu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:09 PM

Old computer is giving out, need to buy a new one. Main usage will be photo editing in Photoshop CS6 as well as email, word processing, watching videos, and other normal computer stuff. Budget is $400-$800+ (flexible). Don't need many bells and whistles. Let me know if I can provide any more helpful info, thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:27 PM

Other people here will add their views. I guess it depends on if you want a laptop or a desktop. I would avoid any all in one computers as those are terrible to work on. 

If a desktop, you can choose to build your own or purchase pre-built. Building your own allows you to choose your hardware. If you live near a Best Buy take a look at their weekly sales. I am throwing this computer out just for an example. I'm not saying this is one your should buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-vivopc-m32cd-desktop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-128gb-solid-state-drive-1tb-hard-drive-gray/5738000.p?skuId=5738000

If you are looking at desktops I would also avoid any of the small form factors. Those usually come with non-standard PSUs and also on the weak side. They are also hard to service.

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:25 PM

Also include in your toolbox Macrium Reflect or AOMEI Backupper or EaseUS ToDo, free versions will be fine, along with affordable, trustworthy, external media for making routine image backups of your OS and Data partition.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:08 PM

I'd go shopping at Amazon...tons of computers, with all pertinent specs.

Louis

#5 Kathy_Ridge

Kathy_Ridge

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

You may want to take a look at the Lenovo IdeaCentre 700-25ISH Desktop. It's no Mac nor Dell XPS but it's got some pretty solid specs: Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD + 120 GB SSD, Windows 10. It's priced around your preferred budget, too. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users