Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing My Slave Hardrive Without Losing Information

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BigHav

BigHav

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:00 PM

I decided to get a new computer.

My only option right now to save my old files is to remove the hardrives and put them in my new comp as slave drives... or I might have to do it 1 by 1 I dunno how many hardrive slots it will have. Because the computer that i had broke down and i cant just transfer it with an external hardrive.

the thing is I remember having problem with my last computer where I put the slave drive in and it often got corrupted... I would double click on the C drive and I couldnt open it... then I would have to reformat the computer and lose all my files.

Is there anyway I can avoid this? Have any of you heard of this problem before?

and are all hardrives different? I remember you had to move the pins to a certain spot to notify if its a slave drive, or the main hardrive... is there any website where i can look it up... or do I need to search for the instructions that came with my old hardrive?

Thx for all the information I really appreciate it.. the info on the hardrive is priceless to me because I produce music and I only backed up so many things on cds (my dumbass should've bought an external hardrive a long time ago).....

but I have so much that wasnt backed up. thx

Edited by BigHav, 05 September 2006 - 06:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:41 PM

Info on how to install a second drive can be found HERE.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 BigHav

BigHav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:47 PM

thx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users