Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Help with setting up a win 98 SE VM

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mattig89ch

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:16 PM

Hidy ho all,
I was going through some old discs from way back when, and I found an old windows 98SE install disc.
And I figured I would setup a win 98 SE VM in virtual box.  Because why not.
Now I'm following the directions from this link, but I'm hitting a snag.  I'm trying to use the auto patcher they suggest, but it keeps stopping on one of the update installs.
I'll have to run it again, to get you the exact update.
But it just...sits there saying its installing the update.  I let it run for 3 hours before killing it the last time I ran it.
I wanted to know if anyone knew how to get around this snag, or do I have to start from scratch?

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 95/98/ME to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ivann700

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:55 AM

Why do you even need those patches? I think there are some Service Packs around for Win 98. If the SP install dont work, then it could be VirtualBox problem, or Win98 one.

- Ivann700, INET

Bananas never lose...

AntiVirus: ESET Internet Security

Firewall: ESET IS

PC: Fujitsu Esprimo P5731

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500

Mobo: Fujitsu D3011-A1

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 80 GB 7K RPM SATA II + SAMSUNG HD403LJ 400 GB 7K RPM SATA II

GPU: nVidia GT710 2 GB

Sound: OnBoard

PSU: Unknown, most likely OEM

Case: Fujitsu P5731

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users