Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What to use instead of Malwarebytes?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pkoryn

pkoryn

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:31 PM

I've been a faithful user of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for many years and purchased their lifetime protection a long time ago.  I have tried updating to their newest version but had so many problems (along with a lot of other folks) that I reverted back to version 2.2.1.1043. I've read that they may stop supporting this version in June so I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't be trying to find something else to take its place?  I running Windows 7 and using MSE as my anti-virus and it has always "played" nicely with Malwarebytes so I'd like to find something that would be compatible also.  Is there such an animal? I keep reading the Malwarebytes Forum hoping that they will FINALLY get a version that works but it seems like that's not happening.  I'd appreciate any suggestions you can offer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

I've had good results with Emsisoft. Why not give them a full 30 day trial: https://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:42 PM

Same here with regards to Emsisoft on my Windows 7 machines.

Despite it's name, Emsisoft Anti-Malware is an antivirus platform that includes anti-malware protection. Emsisoft uses two scanning engines, combining its technology with Bitdefender Anti-Virus and three security levels (or layers) of protection to prevent the installation of malware and stop malicious processes before they can infect your computer.See my comments at the bottom of Supplementing your Anti-Virus Program with Anti-Malware Tools as to why I recommend Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

Emsisoft paid customers get 25% off after the initial purchase and then 5% off for each year afterwards, up to a maximum of 60%.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users