Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power off in BIOS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ray5450

ray5450

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:58 AM

I do not change BIOS very often.  Only when I need to change the boot order, depending on what device I have with me to boot from if I need to.

Recently, I needed to do so.  On boot, I choose to enter BIOS.  Before I can do anything, the computer powers off.  Sometimes after a few seconds....sometimes more, but never enough to make a change and save.  It has never done this before.

I'm not sure what information is needed.  BIOS brand, computer brand...I'll post what you need to know to assist me with this issue.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ray5450

ray5450
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:31 AM

...oh, also, it is half size square instead of being full screen.

#3 ray5450

ray5450
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:34 AM

Last week, I tried BIOS several times over a couple days and it did as described above.

I remembered today that the only thing I changed recently, was my display adapter.  I was going to try changing it back, but first I wanted to test it one more time and then try it right after switching it (I have dual display adapters).  However, when I tried BIOS without doing anything, it now, so far, has been working and not shutting down, so that wasn't it.  

(I hate intermittent unexplainables). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users