Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

converting .cda file to mp3 format

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ybliku2

ybliku2

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:41 PM

Hi, I need some help converting a .cda file on a cd to mp3 format so that I can use Windows to copy the file to a social network site.  Is there a way to do this?  I am not real computer savvy, so could someone kindly help me in a step by step, very detailed way?   This is a file that is needed in a very important way and I have looked at some topics on this and I just do not understand what I am supposed to do.  That should give you an idea of how detail oriented I need the instructions. lol.  I appreciate any and all assistance anyone would want to give me on this.  It is extremely important to get this file converted.  Thank you so much.  Carla

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:18 AM

"How to copy CDA files and save them into mp3 format"

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:21 AM

As indicated above, you simply need to rip the required track to MP3 using any software capable of ripping to MP3, including Media Player.

What appears as a CDA file is not a music file on a CD, it is just a shortcut used by Windows to show you the tracks on an audio CD.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#4 ybliku2

ybliku2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:29 PM

Thank you so much for getting the information to me. It was very important to get those files opened because they are part of a murder investigation I am working on with the young woman's father.  He was so happy to get this figured out, and he said to tell you thank you because the files will help the case.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users