Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how do you find which programs you have installed?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 sidhardtha

sidhardtha

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:04 PM

i just got windows 10. i previously had windows 7.

lenova, I5 PROCESSOR, quad core, 8 GB DDR4, 1 TB HD, INTEL HD 530 GRAPHICS CARD, WINDOWS 10 HOME PREMIUM 64-BIT, FIREFOX 64 BIT, BITDEFENDER TOTAL SECURITY, ZEMANA AND 'EMSISOFT EMERGENCY KIT' SCANNER.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:59 AM

Google Say`s  = 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17161/windows-10-find-all-your-apps-and-programs

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,818 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:27 AM

In Windows 10 it is very easy. Go to settings then go to apps, you will see everything that is installed.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 sidhardtha

sidhardtha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:19 AM

:)    thank you both very much.

Edited by sidhardtha, 13 April 2017 - 06:21 AM.

lenova, I5 PROCESSOR, quad core, 8 GB DDR4, 1 TB HD, INTEL HD 530 GRAPHICS CARD, WINDOWS 10 HOME PREMIUM 64-BIT, FIREFOX 64 BIT, BITDEFENDER TOTAL SECURITY, ZEMANA AND 'EMSISOFT EMERGENCY KIT' SCANNER.

#5 orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:25 PM

Also under Control Panel Programs and Features it will show all the WIN32 app you installed and the date you installed. This is where you can uninstall them also. 

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

#6 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,818 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:25 PM

Also under Control Panel Programs and Features it will show all the WIN32 app you installed and the date you installed. This is where you can uninstall them also. 

There is no control panel in the newer versions of Windows 10.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#7 orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:45 PM

I just updated my Windows 10 to creators update and the shortcut on my desktop remained and still worked. I was trying to uninstall chrome and the full control panel was there. The link was removed but Control panel still there. Try typing Control Panel in search box.

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/8-ways-start-control-panel-windows-10

Edited by orlbuckeye, 13 April 2017 - 02:47 PM.

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

#8 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,818 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:29 PM

I just updated my Windows 10 to creators update and the shortcut on my desktop remained and still worked. I was trying to uninstall chrome and the full control panel was there. The link was removed but Control panel still there. Try typing Control Panel in search box.

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/8-ways-start-control-panel-windows-10

You're right, it is still there. I don't use it anymore because I use all of Windows new tools.

Good to know that it is still there.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#9 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,008 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:40 PM

There is no control panel in the newer versions of Windows 10.

Er, no.  Control Panel remains available in every version of Windows 10 unless it's been blocked in an Enterprise or Educational setup.  All you have to do to prove this is hit the WinKey and type "Control."   I will be shocked if the first thing returned in the search results is not "Control Panel (desktop app)."

I use Control Panel very frequently and have since the first day I had an insider's preview of Windows 10 and I still have it on Version 1703, Build 15063.138.

It will be a very, very long time before Control Panel disappears, if it ever does.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#10 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,008 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

If you want to know every single app, whether user installed desktop apps, store apps, or apps that are part of Windows itself the easiest way to see all of them is to hit WinKey+R then enter, “shell:AppsFolder”, sans quotes, of course.

The use of this special File Explorer view is also the easiest way to add desktop shortcuts to apps on the desktop.  See: 

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#11 sidhardtha

sidhardtha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:42 PM

:)  thanks for all the replies.

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:03 AM

If you want to know every single app, whether user installed desktop apps, store apps, or apps that are part of Windows itself the easiest way to see all of them is to hit WinKey+R then enter, “shell:AppsFolder”, sans quotes, of course.

The use of this special File Explorer view is also the easiest way to add desktop shortcuts to apps on the desktop.  See: 

There is one exception to what the hell:appfolder will slist, it will not list portable applications, such a ADWCleaner.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#13 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,818 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:35 AM

dc3, If it is portable then it is not installed. So that is no exception, that is the way it is suppose to work.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:15 AM

@rockybennet

If you want to know every single app

A portable applicaion falls into that category even if it can't be installed.  I realize that this is a matter of semantics, but I'm sure you can appreciate the distinction being made here. :thumbup2:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#15 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,008 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

@rockybennet

If you want to know every single app

A portable applicaion falls into that category even if it can't be installed.  I realize that this is a matter of semantics, but I'm sure you can appreciate the distinction being made here. :thumbup2:

Dan, 

I can appreciate the distinction, but a portable application is not, by definition, installed.  Since the original poster, in the subject, was asking about installed apps portable ones do not count, as they are not installed.

There is established context here, and my initial "every single app" is immediately followed by a phrase that clearly eliminates portable apps from consideration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users