Backstory of the PC:
I have been trying to help my friend with his PC build, he is not tech savvy and I have been providing the best tech support that I can. I helped him pick the parts and get everything set up. The PC, as far as I am aware is built correctly, my friend took it to Geek Squad and double checked the build themselves.
My friend is a partnered streamer on Twitch and used his tax return to build this machine. After the system was built, we ran it successfully on different occasions. We moved on to overclocking and I overclocked through ASUS AI Suite and everything seemed normal. Then the first BSOD occured and it was DPC Watchdog Violation. This seemed normal.
However, after a prolonged period the error kept persisting. We reset back to factory defaults in the UEFI BIOS. No dice. The error still persisted. We reformatted the PC, and reinstalled Windows 10. The issue persisted. I researched the error and through trial and error we identified, or so we thought, that the issue was coming from the Elgato HD 60 Pro. We removed it from the system. No issue occurred for the next two weeks.
Fast Forward to now and today alone we have ran into 3-4 different BSOD's. The first was INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR, I attempted to fix the first one which appeared to require a driver update of the Graphics Card. Updated that. Ran into next BSOD a few hours later and that was SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXEMPTION. Then another two MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, not sure if the same exact error code but the logs should reveal that to someone more knowledgeable than I.
And now I'm here. I'm not sure if the Overclock fried the CPU and that is what is causing the BSOD's or what. However, we need a definitive answer as to what is wrong with this PC.
I have literally tried every solution that I know of and every Google search solution to fix many of this issues and they keep persisting.
· OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista? Windows 10 Home
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64-bit
· What was original installed OS on system? Windows 10 Home
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Purchased from a retailer
· Age of system (hardware) 2 months
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? ~2 weeks, just reinstalled not too long ago.
· CPU - Intel Core i7 6800k
· RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
· Video Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card
· MotherBoard - Asus X99-PRO/USB 3.1 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
· Power Supply - EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
· Full system build here
· System Manufacturer - Custom built
· Laptop or Desktop? Desktop
Edited by ZaMtv, 12 April 2017 - 09:19 PM.