Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

another small problem.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:51 AM

On my iPad which I am using a bit lately while my W7 laptop is being repaired  Ia m getting heaps of adverts. Can anyone suggest a good advert blocker? And to add a bit more, if that is okay, will it work on my wife's MacBook Air? Thanks in advance for any ideas.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:11 PM

On my iPad which I am using a bit lately while my W7 laptop is being repaired  Ia m getting heaps of adverts. Can anyone suggest a good advert blocker? And to add a bit more, if that is okay, will it work on my wife's MacBook Air? Thanks in advance for any ideas.

For an iOS device, best I can suggest is to do a search for "ad blocker" on the App Store and pick one that you think looks good price-wise, feature-wise, and review-wise. I cannot offer a specific suggestion as I don't personally use an ad blocker on my iOS devices.

Regardless, the MacBook Air will not be able to use what ever ad blocker you pick for the iPad unless it is some sort of Internet based ad blocking service (i.e. you connect through their servers to browser the web...kind of like a VPN). You can, however, add an extension to Safari (or similar for Chrome or Firefox). Personally, I use AdBlock with Safari. You can find Safari extensions here:

https://safari-extensions.apple.com

When I go to that page, there are two well know ad blockers first in the list AdBlock Plus and AdBlock. Pick one that you want and install it from that page.

#3 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:34 AM

Many that for that smax103 it is appreciated.

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:33 AM

Glad to help.

#5 Hareen

Hareen

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:19 AM

1Blocker is a good ad blocking app but only in Safari browser.(As far as I have observed.)

The paid version offers much more. (I did not upgrade my app yet.)

Adguard is good for your wife's MacBook Air. Works good so far on my system. For addons to browser you can go u origin plus addon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users