Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What do I need to do?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lovelyrabbit

lovelyrabbit

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:48 AM

I tried to install one program but it didn't work on my computer, I wrote to support, so that they could help me how to fix this problem. One of programmers wrote to me "upload the image of your VM to cloud so that I could investigate the problem in detail and say why it doesn't work on your computer"
I don't understand what does VM mean? Google says that VM is a virtual machine. But then I have more questions, what virtual machine do they mean? operating system? but how can I upload my operating system to Cloud? Experienced programmers, please, explain to me what does that mean?

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 12 April 2017 - 06:55 PM.
Moved from 'General chat' to 'All other applications'.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,451 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:07 PM

The first thing you need to do is give us a lot more information. The make and model of your computer or, if you built it yourself, the makes and models of the main components. What operating system and version of the OS are you running on this computer. Do you have a VM (virtual machine) installed on this computer. What was the 'one program' you tried to install. All of this is necessary before anybody can give you anything approaching a sensible answer.

Virtual machines, usually abreviated to VMs, are a means of running one operating system inside another. As an example, you might be running Win 8.1 but have a need to run XP because of some old but still needed software. You install a VM and then install XP inside it, start XP running and then install your old application into XP. For a fairly simple guide see -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_machine

Come back with the above information and then we will try to solve your problem.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users