Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrade/Replace ~8 years old System

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Roxxas

Roxxas

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:34 AM

Hi :)

First of all, I want to apologuize if my english is unreadable, as I haven't spoken much english after I left school for University, but I'll try my best.

Laptop or Desktop?
Desktop
My budget for the new computer is: 
800-1000€ // 678-848 GBP // 848-1060 USD (Currency in my country is Euro, just wanted to scale it)

I don't know how realistic that is, but I'd be glad to not hit 1000 Euro.
What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)? 
Gaming and a bit of programming
What software do you intend on using on the computer? 

Skype, Discord, Steam, Eclipse, Microsoft Office, Google Chrome

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? 

Dark Souls (3), Fallout 4, League of Legends, Overwatch, Diablo 3

My current Build plays Fallout 4 on the lowest Solution with about 20 fps.
Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it?

I want to be able to open multiple tabs on chrome while gaming and have a skypecall whilst playing but I don't need to run every game installed simultaneosly.
Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer?   

No, I use my Laptop for that, but I need enough Storage for gaming. (I currently have a 250 GB HDD, which is not enough at all)

Will you be overclocking?
No, although I've watched Videos about it and read some articles online, I dont really feel comfortable enough to do so.  
Location for online shopping/shipment/prices?               

Germany     
How many monitors are you planning to use?

I plan to use 2 Monitors (which I already have)
Do you need peripherals? OS?
My University gifts you a Copy of Windows 10 and I have a Copy of Windows 7 (Am uncertain about the language here, but I own them legaly)

The Build should support a headset and atleast 4 USB Ports (Keyboard, Mouse, GamingController and one for misc.)

I own a Keyboard and a Mouse (and a headset)

Any particular reason why you are upgrading?

Mainly the 20 fps on Fallout 4 in lowest Solutions

So, yeah that's about it. 

I have spoken to a local salesman and told him that I'd like to play Fallout 4 with decent graphics on a build below 1000€ and he literally laughed

in my face, which kind of discouraged me on the price, but I have little to no experience about which parts to chose, thus I need your help :)

I have not chosen the parts of my current build, but I put the parts together myself (again sorry on Language here), so I feel confident not to buy an

already made System, also said local salesman offer to put the parts together for you.

I don't think that I can recycle parts of the current build, as they are just too old (e.g. Grapics Card is Radeon HD 6700-Series)

I can post my current build if it's of any help, but I doubt that.

Thank you very much for taking time reading this and thanks again if you reply :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:47 AM

I can't help you with the individual parts, but I can tell you for sure that you can build a computer for ~€1000 which can play Fallout on max settings.
Also, please don't visit that salesman again. He seems like a real condescending prick.:lmao:

#3 Roxxas

Roxxas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:53 AM

Haha, thanks! I agree on that one but his shop is the only one to build custom Computers in my Town so I had to give it a shot :D

#4 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:05 AM

Do you know what monitors you have? Otherwise, here's a very rough idea of prices:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  (€256.99 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€102.02 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (€108.95 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: ADATA Ultimate SU800 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€96.49 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€52.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 480 4GB Dual Video Card  (€206.32 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  (€62.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€83.43 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €970.08
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-12 16:05 CEST+0200

Edited by Planemaster2, 12 April 2017 - 09:06 AM.

#5 Roxxas

Roxxas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:20 AM

I don't know the exact names, both are the same brand (Terra). It might be "Terra LED 2412W schwarz". One is a bit bigger than the other.

But I know that both have a DVI and a VGA port. 

#6 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:27 AM

Is this one of them https://www.wortmann.de/de-de/product/3031206/terra-led-2412w-schwarz-dvi-greenline-plus.aspx

#7 Roxxas

Roxxas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:44 AM

No. But I've found the exact ones (by looking at the back of them...., sorry kind of dumb to not look there in the first place)

https://www.amazon.de/Wortmann-TERRA-2450W-Schwarz-Full/dp/B004O2TDOE

https://www.amazon.de/Wortmann-2250W-21-5-Black-Computerbildschirme/dp/B005VSZLE6

Terra 2450W and Terra 2250W

#8 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:22 AM

Ok, no problem. I was mainly looking for resolution due to the fact that a lower resolution requires a cheaper build whilst a higher resolution requires a more expensive build. 1920 x 1080 fits perfectly with an RX 480 and an R5 1600 combo so that works.

#9 Roxxas

Roxxas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:20 PM

Ahh I see.

Thank you very much for your help!

I saw the 2TB option of that Internal Hard drive "only" costs 20Euros more. Should I go for it if its affortable, or is 2TB of Space too much?

#10 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:26 PM

Ahh I see.

Thank you very much for your help!

I saw the 2TB option of that Internal Hard drive "only" costs 20Euros more. Should I go for it if its affortable, or is 2TB of Space too much?

Go for it if you want. 2 TB is generally more cost effective than 1 TB

#11 Atomic77

Atomic77

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:58 AM

If you can afford it always go for the biggest everything you can afford with computers. That way you will know you will be future proof. I did not do this as I don't build computers but its a general idea of most people.

ATOMIC77

​GEEKED AT BIRTH

#12 Abhishady

Abhishady

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:11 AM

I guess you should go for desktop pc you can try out: 

Intel core i5 7600 
B250M GAMING PRO
16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 2400Mhz DDR4
Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120
MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6G
120GB Samsung 750 Evo SSD
2 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
Cooler Master K380
Cooler Master MasterWatt 500Watts

Checkout this Ant PC's facebook page you can have idea for build and can suit your budget: https://www.facebook.com/antpcsystems/

#13 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,481 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:21 AM

Given current prices, it's somewhat impossible to recommend i5 over Ryzen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users