Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FatlineSparkle Popup "Wants to make changes"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 friedmikey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:39 PM

I keep getting a popup on my Mac that says "FatlineSparkle wants to make changes." And it prompts me for my password. I have no idea what FatlineSparkle is. I keep canceling. Anybody have ideas what this is? MacOS Sierra 10.12.4

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,732 posts
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:26 AM

A lot of the adware threats on Macs can be gotten rid of by cleaning out the caches/ temporary files....especially the browsers.

You likely picked up something bundled with an app or browser extension that wasn't sponsored at the Apple Store.

First try using CCleaner for Mac. If that doesn't solve the problem then do a clean UNinstall of the browser.

CCleaner for Mac - Piriform

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users