Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SLow download speed, a virus/trojan/... ?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JohnSmith87

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:51 PM

Hello there,

i got this problem... but before i explain it i wanna mention that i do searched the forum for any similar problem but there is so much.. and i didnt find what i was looking for. So i here i go... i dont know where else to post it exactly.

since the last ... i think 3 - 4 days my internet seems slow. I first noticed it when i did an update of a game (600Mb for 15 mins) the game itself was 8Gb and took 10 mins when the internet was still ok, later of a update for a driver wich took me 25 minutes for 164 Mb...

I did a speed test and the results are horrible i think... (doing test right now while im typing... its a 12MB download and its already 5 mins for 44% and waiting...)

.... cancelled it ... it was stuck on 88%. Doing 6Mb test now ...

:::.. Download Speed Test Result Details ..:::
Download Connection Speed:: 130 Kbps or 0.1 Mbps
Download Speed Test Size:: 6 MB or 6144 kB or 6291456 bytes
Download Binary File Transfer Speed:: 16 kB/s

:::.. Upload Speed Test Result Details ..:::
Upload Connection Speed:: 16438 Kbps or 16.4 Mbps
Upload Speed Test Size:: 6 MB or 6144 kB or 6291456 bytes
Upload Binary File Transfer Speed:: 2055 kB/s or 2.1 MB/s

Its only the download speed not the upload speed i guesse...

Some other speedtests failed because they couldnt download the package to test it.

So could this be related to a virus or trojan , ... or could it be something hardware related?

Im running Win7 64bit and on other other devices/pc's i dont have this problem. So i think its either some bug inside or my hardware but i suspect the last the least.

Im really desperate and hope some1 can help me.

Edited by JohnSmith87, 12 April 2017 - 01:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users