Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NVIDIA GeForce 940MX not being utilized

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ChasingBeing

ChasingBeing

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:27 AM

Hi,

I recently bought a HP Pavilion 15-au102tx laptop. Issue at hand is when I run the game - Knight Online, the NVIDIA GPU is inactive as shown by the tray icon; leaving only the Intel GPU running. However, when I run other games like Dota 2, the NVIDIA GPU is utilized. So, the question is how do I make Knight Online utilize NVIDIA GPU instead of the Intel GPU?

My HP Pavilion 15-au103TX specifications:
Windows 10 64-bit
Intel Core i5-7200 @ 2.50 GHz
4096 RAM
Intel HD Graphics 620
NVIDIA GeForce 940MX

What I have tried:
Updating BIOS
Updating both Intel and NVIDIA drivers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

I don't know if your PC pertains to this HP support page but see if you can use the program select feature of the Nvidia Control Panel if you have it. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03519217#AbT2

#3 ChasingBeing

ChasingBeing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:11 AM

Tried that but to no avail.

#4 ChasingBeing

ChasingBeing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:26 AM

Additional information - apparently when I run the official Knight Online from Steam, the NVIDIA GPU is utilized. However, due to the fact I am currently playing the private server of the game (Zone MYKO), it doesn't utilize the NVIDIA GPU. Hence, it got me thinking that perhaps a proper installation of the game can solve this as Zone MYKO uses WinRAR to extract the game, no installer or anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users