Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GlobeImposter 2.0 (.FIX & .PSCrypt extension) Ransomware Support Topic

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 troy99

troy99

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:17 PM

For those of us who are victims of this GlobeImposter 2.0 ransomware.

I have the scammer talked down to $250 US for the decoder.   Nothing I hate more than to pay this guy, but if it will open up the key and benefit everyone else, I'm considering it.

Would any of you who also need it be willing to chip in to help cover this payment? 

Moderator, so all you would need is the decoder and my encrypted ID?

Edited by troy99, 23 June 2017 - 02:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 48,768 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:36 PM

Typically with ransomware, each victim's decrypter (decoder) provided by the malware developer is unique to them with their own private RSA decryption key, password or personal ID which cannot be used with someone else's encrypted files. Sharing a decrypter, decryption key, password or personal ID provided by the cyber-criminals with another victim who paid the ransom will not work since the keys are different for each individual case. Further, there is no guarantee that the decrypter provided by the cyber-criminals will work properly and in some cases using a faulty or incorrect decrypter may cause additional damage or corruption of files.

However, if you received a working decrypter, you can zip and submit it here with a link to this topic along with a few encrypted files and anything else the malware writers provide.

Even though the decrypter will not work for other victims, our crypto malware experts may be able to get some information by analyzing it further.
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Windows Insider MVP 2017
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users