Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Not Uninstall Click Answers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Confused X 2

Confused X 2

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:25 PM

When I try and uninstall Click Answers with add and remove programs, I get a box the says "could not open INSTALL.LOG file". Can anyone help get this off my computer. Programs that don't make it easy to uninstall make me nervous and suspicious. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:09 PM

What is "Click Answers"?

In any case, programs that are running cannot be deleted.

Remove the program from your start menu and use Safe Mode to uninstall it anyway.

I recommend Startup Inspector to manage startup menus because it is easier to use then the Microsoft Utilityt, msconfig, and does not alter the startup mode as msconfig can do if you aren't careful. It also helps better identify the startup entries so you do not disable essential aps and processes as well as anti-virus and anti-malware aps you may have that you do want running in the background.

Startup Inspector (manages startup menu helps you identify aps in the startup menu so you can disable unnecessary programs from running in the background when they are not needed)
And
Startup Monitor (a small freeware ap available on the same page to notify you and require your permission for any program to add itself to your startup menu)

http://www.windowsstartup.com/download.php

After you stop the unwanted ap/aps from automatically starting when Windows does, reboot into Safe mode (tap F8 continuously BEFORE Windows begins to start) and uninstall the unwanted program.

#3 dreamfall

dreamfall

• Banned
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:29 PM

First i suggest you to make a backup of registry.
This might has occured because of wrong installation.
Go to start>open run >type:regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\microsoft\windows\currentversion \uninstall
Right click on click answers key and delete it.Now go to add/remove programs
and try uninstall it

#4 tegu

tegu

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:22 PM

What is "Click Answers"?

In any case, programs that are running cannot be deleted.

Remove the program from your start menu and use Safe Mode to uninstall it anyway.

I recommend Startup Inspector to manage startup menus because it is easier to use then the Microsoft Utilityt, msconfig, and does not alter the startup mode as msconfig can do if you aren't careful. It also helps better identify the startup entries so you do not disable essential aps and processes as well as anti-virus and anti-malware aps you may have that you do want running in the background.

Startup Inspector (manages startup menu helps you identify aps in the startup menu so you can disable unnecessary programs from running in the background when they are not needed)
And
Startup Monitor (a small freeware ap available on the same page to notify you and require your permission for any program to add itself to your startup menu)

http://www.windowsstartup.com/download.php

After you stop the unwanted ap/aps from automatically starting when Windows does, reboot into Safe mode (tap F8 continuously BEFORE Windows begins to start) and uninstall the unwanted program.

This is what confused x 2 is talking about I think.
I use it a lot but have never tried to uninstall it

link
What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?
-W.C. Fields

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:54 PM

Thanks Tegu.

Well, it probably loaded itself into the startup menu, so my advice above should work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users