Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Page Fault BSOD on Startup [0x50 Error]

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Arch07

Arch07

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:52 PM

I have Windows 7 HP SP1. I would have provided a .dmp file or followed the BSOD posting procedure, but I cannot access my computer, and cannot find any minidumps when accessing the hard drive from a different computer. Here's the error:

A problem has been detected...

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time...

Check to make sure...

If problems persist...

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFFA802B200000, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFF80030E10A8, 0

x0000000000000002)

I have been getting this error on and off for a few months now. A few months ago, I turned my computer on in the morning, and it continuously BSOD'd just after the windows flag. There's no driver name specified, and I haven't been using any new hardware. Tried windows recovery, restore system etc. to no avail. I was finally forced to reinstall windows. This happened again about a month ago, same story. Between occurrences, there were no signs of a faulty drive or faulty memory, it just randomly won't start, and never starts after that. Now, it is happening again.

Here's what I've tried:

• Recovery options, memory test, no luck
  • Safe mode - still BSOD's
  • Removing and testing RAM sticks to see if it is a hardware issue
  • Replacing graphics card in case bad VRAM has something to do with it
  • Resetting BIOS

This time, I tried something different. I reinstalled windows on an old hard drive and booted it. That works fine. To my understanding, this error involves windows's virtual memory, so tried backing up and deleting the pagefile from the original copy of windows. Booted up on the original hard drive, and success! No BSOD or errors whatsoever. I assumed that the pagefile must be somehow corrupting itself between startups (?), so I edited a registry key to clear the pagefile on shutdown. Reboot to save changes, no problem. A few minutes later I turn the computer on again, and NOPE. Same familiar blue face. I tried the old trick with deleting the pagefile using another computer, but no luck. Now I am completely lost! Is there something I can do to get more information? Is this a hardware issue? Should I check to see if my house was built on an Indian burial ground? Any help would be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,029 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:05 PM

I suspect that this is due to faulty RAM. I do not regard the Windows Memory Diagnostic test as an accurate diagnosis. Anyway, will you please run MemTest86 for a minimum of eight passes? Here's a good guide if you need help. Also, run Seatools for DOS, using its Long Generic test to test all your hard drives.

Regards,
bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users