Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 won't recognize file extension .epub

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Astrovel

Astrovel

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:13 PM

I'm having trouble with my Win 7 computer that won't recognize an .epub file even though it is listed in the file extension list. I installed Adobe Digital Editions to be able to read an ebook. The ebook is in my computer but when I try to read it, I get an error message that says that file extension is not recognized. I go into File index and .epub is a listed file extension. I know it can't be within Adobe Digital Editions because that is a normal and often used file extension.

I hate Windows 7 and so does my DH. It is his computer that is causing the problem. I am thinking very seriously about formatting the hard drive and re-installing WIN XP.   :killcomp:

Meantime, can anyone walk me through how to fix this problem?  

Thank you so much for helping a couple of old beat up senior citizens, both in wheel chairs and are technically challenged!!  LOL     :smash: :bananas:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:33 PM

When I double click an epub file I also get an error saying no program is associated with epub but I can open them in an epub reader. 

For Chrome I installed the Readium extension. After install type chrome://apps in the address bar and click on Readium. Click the + icon and browse to your epub file. I have not tried Calibre yet. You may want to see if it meets your needs.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:53 PM

https://www.google.com/search?q=.epub+file+extension&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users