Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer in endless reboots without beeps when breadboarding to RAM

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Miker2808

Miker2808

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:41 AM

I bought today new cpu motgerboard and Ram stick.
Installed anything and it didnt work. i decided to follow some breadboarding troubleshooting. And it aent beeping errors without the ram. Once installed the ram.. Same problem.. No beeping and the machine reboots instantly in few seconds.. Goes the same way non-stop.
i tried removing the bios battery. And resetting cmos, but nothing. Any advice what I should do before returning the Ram stick? Its a new build so I got only one stick with me.. And no. Other motherboard to support the ddr version

MB: H110M-DS2 DDR4
Cpu: pentium G4560
Ram: G.Skill 8GB 2133mhz. (check both slots)

Psu zalman 450

Edited by Miker2808, 09 April 2017 - 11:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:52 PM

What is the model of the G.Skill RAM module?

It looks like there is a piezo speaker on the motherboard.  But I didn't see any information regarding enabling the speaker.  You should look in the user manual to see what it states there.  If the speaker is working you should get a beep when the computer powers up.

If you have an external speaker you could plug into the green audio output on the rear of the motherboard.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:09 PM

The Kaby Lake series of CPUs require at least an F20 BIOS version, per Gigabyte; as your build won't post, do you know anyone w/ an older Skylake cpu to test in the board? (If that works, then you can at least reflash the BIOS to the later version)

http://www.gigabyte.com/Support/Getcpulist?Type=Product&Value=5668

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

#4 Miker2808

Miker2808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:46 PM

The Kaby Lake series of CPUs require at least an F20 BIOS version, per Gigabyte; as your build won't post, do you know anyone w/ an older Skylake cpu to test in the board? (If that works, then you can at least reflash the BIOS to the later version)

http://www.gigabyte.com/Support/Getcpulist?Type=Product&Value=5668

Thanks for the advice, yesterday I found out I have to updage my bios.. i will return my motherboard and ask the the guys in the store to update.. Annoying that they didn't even tell me aboht that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users