Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

registering onto free movie streaming sites

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 976 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:03 AM

Does viewing or registering for an account, a free account on these movie streaming sites give us any risk, like security, protection, or infection risks?  I found a couple of movie streaming sites offering free account registration to watch movies for free, but I wonder how safe is this/these?

Edited by hamluis, 09 April 2017 - 08:25 AM.
Moved from Web Browsing/Email to Gen Security - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:11 AM

Generally, you should avoid registering for this type of websites. Also, try not to click on their ads or download anything from them.
Just watch the movies/TV series without registering an account. :)

#3 Steven_M

Steven_M

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:01 AM

If you do register you can expect constant flow of spam emails containing questionable links and attachments. 

You could always give it a go using a dummy email address.

As long as you don't click or open anything you should live. But as said above. It's best to avoid these things altogether. You never get anything truly for free. Apart from in hotels but I think taking the lampshades and the pillows is technically classed as stealing, but that won't stop me!

#4 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:52 AM

LOL! Have you watched that episode of Friends when Ross and Chandler filled their bags with hotel-stuff such as the batteries from the TV remote control in order to make a return on investment, haha...:lmao:

#5 orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:17 PM

Does viewing or registering for an account, a free account on these movie streaming sites give us any risk, like security, protection, or infection risks?  I found a couple of movie streaming sites offering free account registration to watch movies for free, but I wonder how safe is this/these?

Mostly on these types of site if they aren't getting revenue from you they get it through advertisers. Meaning they advertisements are what you have to worry about.

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users