Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where's the hotspot service?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jmdems

Jmdems

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:13 AM

I have an android 6 tablet (Cloudpad) that you cannot put sim cards on it. Basically, anything that need internet runs on WiFi. My problem is I cannot start a hotspot service to host a game (like mini militia etc...) and to share files (with ShareIT etc...). Does no sim mean no hotspot or I just don't know how to open it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:42 AM

Typically a tablet with just wifi cannot host a hotspot (tethering). Sim or CDMA has nothing to do with it. Now a Android cell phone can setup a hotspot with the wifi and share internet access over the cell phones 3g-4g. Fee's and data caps apply. If you have 3g-4g unlimited then great, but many providers might still charge extra for tethering to unlock that feature. It depends on the provider.

#3 Jmdems

Jmdems
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:11 AM

So maybe an alternative. Thanks :)

#4 Jmdems

Jmdems
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:13 AM

For sharing, I consider Bluetooth. But for multiplayer games? Please

#5 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,520 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

If you have bluetooth, then you can tether it. Gaming is going to be slow.

http://www.wikihow.tech/Tether-via-Bluetooth-in-Android

Edited by technonymous, 09 April 2017 - 10:21 AM.

#6 Jmdems

Jmdems
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:22 PM

Thanks Technonymus. I might need your help in the future but that's all. Bluetooth thetering can handle it but instead, I made a computer hotspot and let it function as if it is the tablet's hotspot. I use the cloudpad app for pc. Thanks again.

#7 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,520 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:11 PM

No problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users