Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Options for video out with Acer laptop.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Blackstar57

Blackstar57

• Members
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 08 April 2017 - 02:01 PM

Good day. I have an Acer Aspire 5250 series laptop that was walked on which broke the screen. The only video output I can see is a VGA plug. Is there any way to connect this to maybe a TV using adapters? It's a good running computer so I thought I could use it for a media PC, movies, etc. Don't need to connect to HDMI. I have an older Hitachi rear projection HD tv with S-Video and Component inputs.

Thanks

Glenn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:07 PM

They are both analog systems so you should have few problems. Have a look at this Google page -

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=vga+to+svideo

Chris Cosgrove

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:10 AM

Good day. I have an Acer Aspire 5250 series laptop that was walked on which broke the screen. The only video output I can see is a VGA plug. Is there any way to connect this to maybe a TV using adapters? It's a good running computer so I thought I could use it for a media PC, movies, etc. Don't need to connect to HDMI. I have an older Hitachi rear projection HD tv with S-Video and Component inputs.

Thanks

Glenn

Are they component inputs or composite inputs? Component will be three RCA jacks that are red, blue and green for the video. Composite will be one RCA jack that is yellow for the video.

If it is only composite, then your TV likely will only support 480i TV resolutions (approximately 640x480 in computer terms). For the video output on the TV will not be that great. If you are only using it as a media PC (i.e. playing movies and other videos), then that might be OK.

If it does support component, then it could support HD TV resolutions, which could then make it more useful for more tradition "computer stuff".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users