Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am infected with Stampado Ransomware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 eclark53

eclark53

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:45 PM

How do I clean this ransomware off my computer.  I see the address to write to mrlocker@protonmail.com, but I do not see any ID number.

I have written to the address, however, I have not received a response.  Any help would be welcomed.

Estelle

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 40,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:03 AM

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

This is the information we have on this Ransomware. Please read the article.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/stampado-ransomware-campaign-decrypted-before-it-started/

The tool may help you get rid of this but you will need the your ID and the email address found on the lock screen.

===

If this information is not available there is nothing we can help to remove this infection.
===

If you want I can look at your system and let you know what is bad or not required.

Download the version of this tool for your operating system.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

How to attach a file to your reply:
In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Click the "more reply Options" button.
attachlogs.png

Attach the file.
Select the "Choose a File" navigate to the location of the File.
Click the file you wish to Attach.

Click the Add reply button.
===

Please post the logs.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:51 PM

The OP - eclark53 - has three topics running in this section on this problem. The original is -

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/643810/trojanstolendata-and-trojanagentstm/

started on the 6th April to which fireman4it is responding. To avoid confusion, and to reduce the workload on members of the MRL forum, I am closing the other two to which Nasdaq is responding.