Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC black screens and hangs during games.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 HiImArgo

HiImArgo

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:37 PM

Could anyone help me diagnose the issue? This is not a graphically demanding game, I play far more demanding games with zero issues, this only happens during League of Legends. If I had a program playing music, that shuts off too, no response from keyboard/mouse, PC is on but yeah, just black screen and needs to be manually shutdown. I did recently install a new video card(has the latest drivers), and that could be the culprit, but I think I had one instance of this issue prior to the video card but I cannot be sure. The video card is used, so is it possible someone overclocked the card and it causes the hangs? How can I check this, and if the card isn't the culprit, what can I do? I downloaded a program called "Whocrashed" after searching these forums, and after hitting "Analyze", nothing is displayed. Do the crashes need to occur with Whocrashed running? I will try another Analyze once it crashes again. The cause of these crashes doesn't seem to be displayed in Windows Reliability Monitor either, just "Windows was not properly shut down". Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: Turns out Whocrashed is of no use, since my PC is hanging and not crashing. Derp. :/

Specs:

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz 35 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
MSI H81M-E34 (MS-7817) (SOCKET 0) 36 °C
Graphics
ASUS VH236H (1920x1080@60Hz)
4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 380 Series (ASUStek Computer Inc) 52 °C
Storage
232GB Crucial CT250BX100SSD1 ATA Device (SSD) 24 °C
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 ATA Device (SATA) 27 °C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Edited by HiImArgo, 07 April 2017 - 03:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:26 AM

Greetings, HiImArgo, and :welcome: to BleepingComputer's Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support forum!

Please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files in your next reply.

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

Useful information!
Please only use the ZIP compression format, do not use 7z, RAR, etc.!!!

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 HiImArgo

HiImArgo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:06 AM

Greetings, HiImArgo, and :welcome: to BleepingComputer's Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support forum!

Please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files in your next reply.

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

Useful information!
Please only use the ZIP compression format, do not use 7z, RAR, etc.!!!

Thanks, here is the new thread:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/644744/pc-hanging-during-games-part-2perfmon-sysnative-report-inside/

By the way, since posting I've tried to do various things, such as clean uninstall/reinstall of video drivers(Using the program DDU), rerolling to previous stable driver versions, and uninstalling intel onboard display drivers which I briefly used while awaiting a GPU upgrade (Around the time the issue began). It only black screens(requiring manual shutdown) during a single non-graphically demanding game. Puzzling.

Update: Just now, this "hang" occurred for the very first time while out of the game I thought was the culprit, and occurred during an even LESS graphically intensive game(Hearthstone, a card game). Another side note, I began digging into my Radeon software settings because I opened up my case just to take a look and re-seat any cables firmly(Out of ideas at this point), and I noticed that I don't think I've ever noticed my Video cards fans running. Are the just silent? So i looked into my overlocking settings(something I've never used before) and the fan speed setting was marked "Off" , but Im not sure if that means it automatically turns the fan on when needed? At a loss so I'm just guessing the issue is still video card related.

Edited by HiImArgo, 18 April 2017 - 05:56 PM.

#4 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:44 AM

OP has created a new topic: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/644744/pc-hanging-during-games-part-2perfmon-sysnative-report-inside/

Topic closed to avoid confusion.

If you need this thread opened please PM a moderator

Regards

Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users