Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clean install annoyance.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ParanoidPablo

ParanoidPablo

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:15 AM

Hi clean install of my windows 7 went great just having 1 little "annoyance" , everytime i put my secondary 1tb HDD 2nd in boot order in the BIOS windows fails to start and says tskmng missing press ctrl alt del to restart and then it's in this constant loop, i always have to put my 100mb partition of my ssd 2nd in boot order or i can't boot into windows, any way to get around this? thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:29 AM

Any particular reason why you want to add that second drive to the boot order? Is there an OS on it you can boot from?

#3 ParanoidPablo

ParanoidPablo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:19 AM

Any particular reason why you want to add that second drive to the boot order? Is there an OS on it you can boot from?

nope it was just the way it was before i reformatted and figured i wanted it like that, if it isn't a big deal i will just leave it alone :)

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:00 PM

Since there is no operating system installed on this drive there's no sense in adding it to the boot order.  To make it easier to open the drive open the Start Menu and double click on Computer.

Right click on your storage drive and select Create a shortcut.  This will place a icon for your 1TB drive on the desktop.  You can click on this to open the drive.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users