Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows reboot loop. "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" is the only way.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 AxySpot2K

AxySpot2K

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:09 PM

Hello everyone.

This is my first post and I hope I'm doing it in the right place.

So basically my problem is that after I was playing a Steam Video Game I somehow moved my laptop to a different place and the computer turned off immediately. After I tried to turn on the computer again, I got the "Running diagnostic" and "trying to repair" messages while starting up but then a blue screen saying

"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you."

At the bottom it states that if I called a support person I had to provide the code 0xc000021a.

After that I'm offered to go to the advanced options the ones I've tried are the system restore point (or something like) and the three different ones I have doesn't make any difference because the process never finishes properly.

Tried to do a clean boot according to the Microsoft website but no luck either disabling and re-enabling all the options. I obviously don't have an image or any other options that I can think of to fix this.

The last thing I installed on the computer was the game I was playing (Mobius FF) but I've been playing for days and was installed through steam so I don´t think that was the problem. I uninstalled anyway and that didn't work either. I haven't seen any particular differences while rebooting with the "Disable Driver..." mode so far but it's really annoying to have to restart and do the whole process again just to check some things from time to time.

I'm not very literate regarding how to manually fix/remove stuff to fix this kind of problems. I don't even have a CD/DVD to try to repair it since the Laptop I bought came with Win 8 then I upgraded to 8.1 then to 10 but never had any major issues like now.

Please let me know what do I need to provide to get this resolved.

Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:14 AM

Bug check 0xC000021A occurs in a user-mode process, the most common culprits are third-party applications. If the error occurred after the installation of a new or updated device driver, system service, or third-party application, the new software should be removed or disabled to isolate the cause.

Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing the error.

I would like you to check the system integrity of your Windows OS installation.

• Please right click the Windows logo (formerly the start button) at the bottom left of your screen.
  • Please select  "Command Prompt (Admin)"
  • Please type the following command and press the <Enter> key: sfc /scannow  (Please note that there is a space between 'sfc" and "/scannow".)
  • It should take about 20 minutes to run, if there are no serious errors.
  • If the System File Checker reports that some errors were fixed, but some remain; please reboot your computer and run the System File Checker from an Administrator Command Prompt, again.
  • If the System File Checker again reports that some errors were fixed, but some remain, please reboot your computer and run it a third time.
  • If "Resource Integrity Violations" (errors) are reported that could not be corrected, or were not corrected after a third SFC run, then please navigate to the folder: C:\Windows\Logs\CBS and copy the file "cbs.log" to your desktop immediately.  I am asking you do that because that file is dynamic, so I want to be able to examine a copy that is unchanged from the time that the System File Checker was run.
  • If there are errors that couldn't be corrected, let me know and I will provide you with instructions as to how to upload the file

Posted Image

#3 AxySpot2K

AxySpot2K
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:14 PM

Thank you so much for answering that fast!!! I'm running sfc right now for the first time and after the 3rd time (if neccesary) I'll let you know what happenned.

Just one question in the meantime. I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for in the event viewer. I've never opened before :(

Edited by AxySpot2K, 07 April 2017 - 08:14 PM.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:49 PM

Look for error messages related to Bug check 0xC000021A blue screen of death.

Posted Image

#5 AxySpot2K

AxySpot2K
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

Ok so, I just finished the 3rd scan and I'm still having the same issues.

I copied the file you told me as soon as the scan was done. Its more than 20 MB.

Also, I was unable to find the error in the event viewer but theres a lot of errors that I dont understand :S

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

When debugging this variant of 0xc21a, we typically look for the Code Integrity Event Log under:

Event Viewer → Applications and Services Logs → Microsoft → Windows → Code Integrity → Operational

Can you save that particular Event Log by click Save All Events As... on the right side, zipping up that .evtx file, and attaching it in your next reply?

Edited by bwv848, 07 April 2017 - 10:03 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#7 AxySpot2K

AxySpot2K
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:29 PM

Ok, here´s the log file of the event viewer.

Also, I'm unable to upload the CBS.log since its more that the 10 MB limit for attachments. Should I upload it somewhere else and paste the link?

Attached Files

#8 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:19 AM

Open the Command Prompt as a administrator and execute below command:

Dism   /Online   /Cleanup-image   /Restorehealth

After finish executing above command execute below command to make sure any corrupted file is repaired.

Sfc  /Scannow

Posted Image

#9 AxySpot2K

AxySpot2K
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:35 AM

Ok, I did those steps, twice, and I still get the same blue screen of dead with the same error.

While running "Dsim" (which I don´t even know what that's for) both times it said "100% the restore operation completed successfully."

I ran then "sfc" and it gave me the same message both times (unable to fix some problems).

Attached is the latest event viewer log. Thank you for your support.

Attached Files

#10 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:14 PM

Open the Command Prompt as a administrator and execute below command:

Sfc /scannow

After above command finish executing, execute below command:

Findstr  /c:"[SR]"  "C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log"  >  %userprofile%\Desktop\CBS.txt

Above command will create a file named CBS.txt and store it at your Desktop please attach CBS.txt file to your next post.

Please visit your computer manufacturer website and install all latest device drivers.

Posted Image

#11 AxySpot2K

AxySpot2K
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:28 PM

I'm sorry for not making the follow up on this as soon as you answer.

I'll be back home today, so please don't close this post yet.

Thank you.

#12 Coolspoof

Coolspoof

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:11 PM

I have been having this exact same problem.

Attached is my CBS log.

Attached Files

• Attached File  CBS.log   3.86MB   2 downloads

#13 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:18 PM

I have been having this exact same problem.

Attached is my CBS log.

The C:\WINDOWS\System32\aepic.dll file was corrupted its now repaired there is no more corrupted Windows system files.

Posted Image

#14 Coolspoof

Coolspoof

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

I saw that and sought a replacement for the corrupted file.  Took me a while to figure out how to get permission to change the file but I figured it out and replaced the file, saving the old one as a backup.  When I restarted I still have the same issue.  Running another sfc scan now.

#15 Coolspoof

Coolspoof

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:48 PM

New CBS log.  Still shows the file as corrupt. 

Attached Files

• Attached File  CBS.log   3.22MB   1 downloads

Edited by Coolspoof, 10 April 2017 - 08:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users