Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Activate Windows" but made no changes!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andrew193

andrew193

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:14 PM

Today for some reason i got a desktop message saying i needed to "Activate Windows as you don't have a valid licence or product key" but i've made no changes to my Laptop. It was an upgrade to Win 10 from 8.1 when it was first offered and have had no problems in the passed.

I've got and error code of 0x803F7001.

What is going on??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:35 PM

https://www.google.com/search?q=error+code+of+0x803F7001&oq=error+code+of+0x803F7001&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

#3 andrew193

andrew193
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:49 AM

For some reason shortly after i posted this it decided to activate it's self!!!! No idea what is going on. :unsure:

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:02 AM

We are glad to know your issue has been resolved!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users