Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

e-mailing Files

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 woodcamp

woodcamp

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:26 AM

Is there anyway to attach a complete file? Currently I have to open the file and attach each individual page to e-mail it.

I'm using Yahoo,  ATT.net

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iMacg3

iMacg3

Bleepin' PowerPC G3

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,711 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:29 AM

By file, do you mean text, PDF, or Word document? If that is the case, you can open the "Browse" window to attach and click the file to attach.

Regards, iMacg3

If I do not reply to your malware removal topic in 48 hours, please send me a PM. 

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

#3 woodcamp

woodcamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:57 AM

These are usually files created by me that include Word documents and some PDF. When I click on the attachment icon and pull the file that's on my desktop or flash drive, it only opens up the files and I have attach all of the individual documents included in that file.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,229 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:02 AM

It sounds like what you're trying to do is to attach a folder, not a file, and I don't know of any e-mail client that does this.

If you have a collection of files that number more than one, when the attach dialog opens you can select more than one at a time, or all of them that are in the same folder by hitting CTRL+A, and then hitting the Open button.

You also have the option of using a file compression utility such as 7-Zip to gather a huge collection of individual files into a single file that you can then attach (provided it's not larger than your e-mail provider allows).

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#5 iMacg3

iMacg3

Bleepin' PowerPC G3

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,711 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:48 AM

britechguy is right. you can't attach a folder to an email. If you're looking to attach multiple files to an e-mail, you can open the browse window, hit down the Control key and select the files (Windows) or hit down the Command key and select (Mac). Then hit attach. If you want to send them all as one attachment, you will have to "zip" up all the files with a program.

Regards, iMacg3

If I do not reply to your malware removal topic in 48 hours, please send me a PM. 

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

#6 woodcamp

woodcamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:57 PM

I've been doing what guys suggest. Guess I've been doing it right, just not my preferred way of doing things. Not the first time I've been disappointed

#7 orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:19 AM

Plus most email servers have restrictions of the size of the file attachments sent. If this happens you have to send them in multiple emails.

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

I just right-click on the file(s) in question and select the email option...which will, in turn, bring up the email client.

Louis

#9 woodcamp

woodcamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:26 AM

Thanks everyone! A big help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users