Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Win10 Hardware Issue?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mrtrick

mrtrick

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:47 AM

OS - Windows 10 Home X64
-This was the original OS on the system.

-The system was a custom build with components that were originally purchased, "Lightly used," but I've had to deal with countless hardware failures. All of the components have been replaced, with factory new components, within the last 6 months or so, which I guess technically makes it a new system.

-OS was reinstalled recently approximately 2 weeks ago on the week of 3/22/2017.

-CPU: AMD FX 8350

-GPU: XFX Radeon RX 480

-Motherboard: Asrock 970 extreme

-PSU: EVGA Supernova 850 G2 (850w)

-HDD: Samsung 850 evo SSD

-Ram: 2x Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB 1866MHz DDR3

-Issue: I've been having intermittent BSODs that occur rather randomly. I can't seem to decipher when it will happen, but it typically happens when the computer first starts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mrtrick

mrtrick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:21 AM

Memtest reported that the ram failed its testing.

#3 mrtrick

mrtrick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:22 AM

Update - I accidentally put in the wrong specs in my original post. The samsung evo is in another computer of mine, while the ssd in the computer in question is a corsair brand 480gb. As for the ram it is one kingston hyperx fury ddr3 module and one cructial ballistix ddr3 module. The hyperx tested as failing in the block move of the testing, so I took out the hyperx and got 2 passes for the cructial brand. I'm still getting bsods even after removing the hyperx.

What are some recommended next steps? I'm reposting the original system reports, because I zipped them together and folks might be skiddish to open the zip.

Attached Files

#4 mrtrick

mrtrick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:11 PM

Still getting a flurry of BSODs after installing new ram modules and updating drivers. I ended up re-running the memtest86+ tests on all the modules, both slightly older and brand new ones, and they all fail on the block move test. Let them run for about 10-12 hours per module and they all still fail at the same test. I also noticed in my dumps some references to some networking drivers (forgive me, because I'm not a pro at this) and deleted the drivers for my realtek networking and then installed the newest from their website.

Is what I'm experiencing pointing to it being a motherboard issue?

Posting new sysnative report.

Any help would be appreciated, because I'm hoping it's just a driver issue. What should my next steps be?

Attached Files

#5 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:25 AM

I apologize for the tardy response. Would you please give me an update on your current situation? :) It has been a week, and lots of things can change.

Regards,

bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#6 mrtrick

mrtrick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:36 PM

I believe it is the motherboard going bad, but I can't seem to figure it out. I uninstalled the realtek pcie gbe family controller driver and installed it via their most recent download from their website. I think the original driver was from 2015 or 2016 and was the original signed windows driver. After having installed updated drivers, the machine seems more stable, but I have had one or two complete system lock ups that require me to hard reset the machine. 

I'm using snappydriver as a way to quickly check drivers and then I'm installing new drivers via the manufacturers website. 

I ran memtest86+ (latest version), after updating the driver seeming to cause a crazy system it didn't return any issues after about 10-12 hour runs on each ram module. 

Any who, it seems to be doing better, but it isn't perfect yet. Any thoughts on what could or was causing the issues?

#7 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:46 PM

Sounds like a motherboard issue to me too. If MemTest86 is still reporting errors after a change of RAM sticks, something is seriously wrong on the hardware side. Have you tried cleaning out the RAM slots with compressed air?

Regards,
bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users