Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Restarts On Its Own After Installing New Software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yaplw27

yaplw27

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:20 AM

Hi,
I am new here.

My friend recommended this website the other time when i have encounter problem with the spyware. Although, i am a computer "idiot", i managed to solve the problem by following the instructions (provided by the BleepingComputer members) step by step. I really hope that i am able to do so again.

I have installed a modem to my PC recently. Since then, my PC will restarts (every few minutes) on its own whenever I am online. After it restart, it'll show message as : it is now checking the c:/... FAT32 ..etc...etc....

Kindly help to solve this problem as i have not been able to use my computer ever since the problem exist...

Thanks

Shirley - greeting from Singapore

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:49 AM

Where did you get the driver for the modem when you installed it?.

Go to the control panel and under phone and modems, uninstall the modem, reboot and let Windows find and reinstall it.

Make sure you have the right driver on a disk or floppy (or have downloaded it and saved it from the manufacturer of the modem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users