Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lenovo Z575 Secure Boot (EUFI) Disabling Help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Chacinnation

Chacinnation

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:47 PM

Hello,

I am new here, and I come... with a problem! So here's the deal:

I've been wanting to set up a dual boot with Lubuntu and Windows 10, Windows 10 being the operating system I currently have on my laptop, a Lenovo Z575. To do this, I leaned I needed to disable Secure Boot, so that it will be able to install (I'm very new at this, I may be saying this all wrong.) I looked around online, and followed the common instructions of

1) Shift+Press restart from the start menu

2) I then went to Troubleshoot

3) I went to Advanced Options

4) In this menu, there was supposed to be a setting for UEFI Firmware Settings.

There was not this option, in its place there is Startup Options. After selecting this option, I was not presented with the menu to disable Secure Boot. So I then tried looking around in the BIOS menu, by restarting the laptop and pressing f2 while it booted. I went down to the security menu, and Secure Boot was not listed there, or anywhere in the BIOS at all!

I would very much appreciate if someone could help me figure this out... It has got me rather flabbergasted.

Thanks all!

-Chacinnation

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users